Most of us are guilty of having far too many clothes in our stuffed-to-the-brim wardrobes but never anything to wear!! The truth is we don’t need that many clothes if we can just put together enough outfits with a few staple pieces. So this is my first post on one such staple piece…
The Striped Shirt
- Try pairing your striped shirt with a pleated black midi skirt and a pair of black peep-toe heels for a simple chic understated look, with an added pop of colour like the bright pink clutch shown above and a contrasting turquoise blue statement necklace. This look is perfect for a daytime brunch or as a simple summer evening outfit.
2.Similarly you can soften out this look by bringing in neutral tones, a nude/pink flirty skirt paired with kitten heel nude peep-toes or pumps and a classic nude bag will add that perfect feminine touch. Don’t forget to add a simple piece of jewelry like the delicate layered necklace pictured here.
3. Pairing a pretty pastel jacket or thin coat will not only change up the entire look but keep you warm for those early spring/summer days when the sun is out but the breeze is still adding a little chill to the air! A pair of skinny lightwash denims and a chunky necklace in the same neutral colour palette will make your look sophisticated and practical.
4. Tucking the shirt into white palazzo or wide leg pants is a perfect way of keeping the balance of comfort and style, throw in your nude pumps and a pastel purse for a simple yet head turning look.
5. Go super casual with a pair of you favourite jeans and make it stand out with some statement footwear, like these white embellished sneakers a pair of simple shades. A perfect run-around outfit that’s fit for a uni/college or a day out shopping.
6. Take the look on holiday with you by pairing with white linen pants, a pair of comfy flats and a nice sun hat! Roll up those sleeves and tie the front of the shirt into a little side knot to keep it casual and vacay-mode